1.5K views
1.7
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Update by user Dec 09, 2017

Here is the update after going back to Ziebart to have them finish a job that should have been done the first go round. I arrive before 8 am.

and wait in truck for them to open doors. I go in and hand keys over to the manager and he told me that they would get me in asap. The technician, of person finishing the job, comes out to talk to me about what was missed and hands me a can of touch up spray. Tells me that if there is any missed spots afterwards, that I can touch them up myself, and then goes back to my truck.

Almost an hour passes and then the technician comes back out to hand me my keys. I shake his hand and tell him thank you and proceed to walk out the door. NOT ONE... 1.....

UNO... offer to compensate me from the manager as he tells me to have a good day. HMMMM.. I am unable to crawl under truck at this time to see if everything is covered.

But first thing the snow and wet ground is gone, I will be under there and update the review again. I have already called corporate.. and no return phone call.. The autobot on the other end of the call said that Ziebart customer care would call me back within 24 hours.

Well ZIEBART....

Its been longer. I am on the edge of calling credit card company and contesting charges if I do not receive a return call by Monday evening.

Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2017

To paint the picture: I am out of state working (1100 miles from home) with no family, friends up here in Indiana. I call Ziebart and get a quote on the phone, find out how long it will take (all day) and schedule to bring my truck in.

I then pay 2 different people to pick me up at the store, and drop me off to pick truck up. The round trip was around 80 miles and about an 2 hours, including traffic. I drop the truck off on a Thursday morning and asked about the process. The gentleman explained it to me and I was on my way.

I get a phone call around 4pm stating my truck was finished. So I then call my ride from work, which he had to take off early to bring me, and head to pick truck up. Upon arriving, me and the guy from work, BOTH inspectors, get out our flashlights and begin to look under the truck. There was spots that was not covered by the undercoating all under the truck.

I then go into the store and ask the manager if that was how they did business. He told me that he would come look. We walk outside and he doesnt even get on the the ground to look at it. He goes back in and gets one of the workers who checks the vehicles and we go back outside.

This time the guy was on the ground looking with me and he was pointing out all that was missed. We go back into the store and the manager tells me the price, which was around $640. I ask him why am I paying for the full price when the job was not even complete, and then tell him Im not paying the full amount. He then states that he will not give me my keys and release the truck to me.

I then tell him to get every person that works there and get the truck done right then. HE states that the company can't release anything without it being paid in full. So pretty much, they want you to pay for a service that they can not and did not complete. Needless to say, he did not go get everyone and said that I could bring the truck back in or leave it over night.

I wanted to tell him that he can pay me 30 an hour for the time he is wasting of mine, since I had to leave work early for this. I told him I could not leave it overnight, that I didnt have rides set up for ZIEBARTS failure to complete a job. I finally got tired of the BS and paid him AFTER he wrote on the ticket that they didnt finish and needed to fix everything. NOT ONCE, did he offer any kind of discount or money back for my time and troubles Ziebart is causing.

He told me it would take about an hour to get all that was not finished.

So now, I have to drive 80 miles round trip back up there this Saturday, waste 3 hours of my time and lose said time on my paycheck. I would not recommend getting anything done at Ziebart and find someone else after my experience, and reading all the other reviews of this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ziebart Car Undercoating.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, bad quality, pricing issue, not as described, waste of time, a second visit which should not be taking place..

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Poor salesman antics and poor work performed, Being told to make full payment for services not rendered.

Comments

Ziebart

Hello, we are attempting to locate further information regarding this issue, but our team is unable to find any contact information. Based on the size of the image, we are unable to decipher the information printed out on the invoice you included in this review.

Could you please send us your name or email address along with which store you visited to customerservice@ziebart.com?

You can also reach our team at 248.837.3955. A team member would be more than happy to help.